Friday 30 May 2014

Prayer from 29th May 2014

God I'm sooooo discouraged, my heart is so incredibly broken, it aches, it hurts so much God. It is so empty that a small gust of wind chills it to the core. It's throbbing in agony father. Nothing works, nothing fills, in desperation I indulge in the tangible things of this world which only scrape the hole deeper. It hurts so much God. How can I continue any longer in my day, how can I study, how can I think and live and breathe and face this burdensome world when I am dying from thirst? From where else can I draw energy from, from where can I be filled with life instead of crushed by death?  “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." (John 6:68 NIV)

I come God. Have mercy, let your grace overflow in me. I can do nothing without you- I desire nothing besides you. No step is worth taking unless you are with me, fully and wholly. "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." (Psalm 73:25 NIV)


My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart
    you, God, will not despise.

(Psalm 51:7)

*See corresponding previous post

No comments:

Post a Comment