Monday 26 May 2014

Sacrifice?

If you were you were going to lose your memory,
And you could choose to remember one thing,
Or one person,
One thing only,
What or who would it be?

Today I felt that God was calling me to (internally) sacrifice, to give up, to surrender,
to let go of, to say goodbye to, the two people I love the most in this world.
I was filled with so much grief, I love them so so much.
So many happy memories, endearing moments...

Oh Lord, anything but them, 
They are so precious to me :(
My heart is breaking even at the thought of losing them

But -I must (for Gods spirit in me compels me)
And I will- choose,
Jesus.

Following Jesus will cost me my life, every last piece of it. 
But behold, it is the road of eternal life.

And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things 
and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests 
and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed 
and on the third day be raised to life.”

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple 
must deny themselves and take up their cross daily 
and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life 
will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me 
will save it. 
(Luke 9:22-24 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment