Wednesday 30 December 2015

God is good. 2015, 2016 and forever.


Praise God for new glasses! Yay ^^

One thing I find really refreshing for my soul, is to stop, look back and reflect on all that has happened. Whether it be what happened today, last week, or this year. For me, this naturally takes the form of a spontaneous mix of doodles + words on a large piece of blank paper (lined paper is no banana. It limits my creativity man) 

As I mentally and physically drew my way through the year, I found nooks and crannies of the year that I had forgotten about, but were significant. For example I moved churches, moved houses, moved cities (back to Sydney), got a job, lived with my grandparents for the first time. and beneath the tangible changes (like what I just mentioned), were all the emotional highs and lows. 

Truth be told, I did not start this year in a happy chaps mental (or physical) state. In fact I was in a rather low low. I felt completely empty of motivation or courage. But one by one, piece by piece, by the grace of God through the love of my super-godly-amazing mum, God rebuilt me-this time he was going to build my house on a rock, and not sinking sand. 

It's absolutely amazing the journey of deliverance + transformation God has taken me on this year. If you ask me I would 100% LOVE to tell you about it. God is so good. So here's the challenge, if I could look back and testify that every single thing (whether seemingly 'good' or 'bad') actually was a good gift from God, will I-and will you-look ahead and praise God for his guaranteed goodness in 2016 starting now? On the very edge of the new year?

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17) 

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  (Romans 8:28) 

Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. (Psalm 106:1)


No comments:

Post a Comment