Monday 28 December 2015

We belong in the body

As wonderful as it is to serve alongside my brothers and sisters in Christ in ministry, sometimes it only heightens my awareness of how different I am. How the way I see the world, think and function is just different, or abnormal. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a whole other world from everyone else, let alone not on the same page. While uniqueness really should be celebrated, often it feels isolating when I start to look sideways.

God showed me that satan had been whispering lies into my heart...
I don't belong in the body...
I'm out of place, out of context...
The body seems to function fine without me...

But God comforted me with some verses from 1 Corinthians 12:
Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!”
I can trust in Gods design because it is good, and he has placed me exactly where I need to be with the right gifts for me to use to serve others. I am so thankful that in the body, every part is equally valued in the eyes of our creator and plays its significant part...even me. :)


 Thankful for time with Dad + Sis around Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment